PDA

View Full Version : Handwritten or Dreamweaver created? Table&SpryEffects trouble! Need help :(

clintoncole
10-25-2009, 02:40 AM
While creating my project in dreamweaver I began to think, in the web design industry is it required that you be able to hand write all the coding or if I can perfect it in dreamweaver will they be satisfied?

Next I'm trying to add widgets to a table below 'Keep Up With Me'; I tried setting it's margin to 'top' and the widget table to 'bottom' yet they still stood next to each other, could anyone give me the run down or link me to a really helpful website about this?

THEN my next question I have is about the "SpryEffects" file, I uploaded to my website yet it still doesn't work, am I doing something wrong? Why isn't it working :(?

Thank you so much dreamweaverclub you've been a huge help so far!

You can view my website (currently under construction!) @ http://howardclintoncole.webs.com/index.htm to help visualize some of my questions :)!

DWcourse
10-25-2009, 02:49 AM
Sorry, but that link really doesn't clarify your questions. Butů

"top" isn't a valid option for margin and I have no idea what setting a widget table to bottom is supposed to mean.

and your SpryEffects.js isn't where the link says it should be: http://howardclintoncole.webs.com/SpryAssets/SpryEffects.js. That might be a function of your free hosting package. You really ought to consider paying $5 a month and getting some quality hosting.

clintoncole
10-25-2009, 02:58 AM
:( For my last question it does, "and your SpryEffects.js isn't where the link says it should be" that is exactly why I added it. But really this is just petty talk, something that shouldn't have been brought up in the first place I'm just looking for help is all. ALSO I'm getting a .com website for christmas so I had planned on just waiting until then. And in response to "top" isn't a valid option for margin and I have no idea what setting a widget table to bottom is supposed to mean., that isn't exactly what I typed in, I picked it from a drop down menu so it had to be entered correctly. But if that's not the right way, then what is :[? (which I knew it wasen't the right way lol which is why I'm asking here)

Oh & I just fixed the folder; it now works. Thanks so much :). I knew it'd be simple hah!

clintoncole
10-26-2009, 01:48 AM
Please ask me questions guys if you don't understand my question, I really need this solved :[ I can't figure it out!

domedia
10-26-2009, 04:32 AM
All (90%) the job descriptions I see call for fluent HTML/CSS and working knowledge of web standards. Knowing how to click buttons in DW isn't really a 'skill' imho.

DWcourse
10-26-2009, 02:09 PM
All (90%) the job descriptions I see call for fluent HTML/CSS and working knowledge of web standards. Knowing how to click buttons in DW isn't really a 'skill' imho.

When you think about how small some of the buttons Adobe puts in their products are, I have to disagree. ;-)

dcheckm8
10-27-2009, 11:51 PM
Regardless to whether or not a Job would require knowledge of CSS or html, I think that knowing them gives you a much better advantage. There have bee several times that I have found that Dreamweaver was displaying things inaccurately and I fixed it by making the necessary changes in CSS. In fact I only use Dreamweaver to upload my files and as a text editor for my CSS and HTML. I never touch the display side, I only use it to check my work (not that I'm saying its wrong to do so). I picked up a book and learned CSS and HTML by myself and it was fun (not saying I'm an expert or anything)! It just helps you understand things better thats all.