PDA

View Full Version : Technical question...

gigiloumill
10-23-2009, 06:17 PM
Guys, does anyone know how to take a still picture of a video? Thanks..

Jittor
10-23-2009, 06:20 PM
Usually a screen shot works. What program is the video in, or is it on the web?

gigiloumill
10-23-2009, 06:25 PM
I have the file and I would like to open with Win Media. I need to place a video on a page but all I get is a blank black image until the video is called. I would like to make it look like youtube where you would see a still capture of the video prior to running it. How do I do a screen shot? Thanks

domedia
10-23-2009, 06:55 PM
How do I do a screen shot?
Oh know this one!

Click the 'Print Screen' key on your keyboard 8)

How to get that image into your video - I don't know, but I can think of two ways on top of my head.
1. Edit the video so it does not start with a black image.
2. Configure whatever flash video player you are using (I assumemyou are using flash for video) to show a still image before the video starts playing.

gigiloumill
10-23-2009, 07:02 PM
I've tried the print key but, I don't see what it does..

domedia
10-23-2009, 08:13 PM
I've tried the print key but, I don't see what it does..
It takes a screenhsot of your screen and hold it in your clipboard. You can then put it into your graphics application of choice.

gigiloumill
10-23-2009, 08:52 PM
cool, thanks.

edbr
10-24-2009, 01:36 AM
i really like gadwin print screen its a free app very small and free that on pressing prints screen will sve that to any destination that you choose

Jittor
10-26-2009, 01:01 PM
I have done something like this before and basically what I did was created a container using CSS for the Flash video and had the background image a still video. I had the video auto start so when i ended it ended on the still image. Kinda backwards from what you want. You can also, place a still in the flash file and when it's clicked on it jumps to a label using the "on click go to and play" command.

gigiloumill
10-26-2009, 02:48 PM
I'm sorry guys but, I find this simple thing very confusing. I can work on a php script but now I'm lost; go figure....

domedia
10-26-2009, 03:52 PM
This works just like copy and paste. Where are you confused?

gigiloumill
10-26-2009, 03:59 PM
That's not what I'm confused about. I was able to do like you suggested, however, I can't find a way to have still shot show on page prior to executing video. I am still getting a black, blank box with the video controls. I tried creating a css container for the video, adding still shot as background and inserting video. No luck, blank, black screen takes over picture. I was able to create once, a long time ago and I can't remember how it's done..