PDA

View Full Version : Frame around rollover image when add a link

DESTROYER
10-22-2009, 02:43 AM
Hi :
I am newbie in Dreamweaver.
I watched a Tutorial how to import photoshop layout in dreamweaver.
I created a rollover menu by creating 2 times menu bar in photoshop in different colors.
Then when I open in dreamweaver I found back image and now it works.
But I have a problem
For reference to understand my problem I will refer to DC dreamweaver webpage found here.
Here there are 2 menu bars:
Menu #1 (look at: Home, Forum, Tutorial and Articles, etc)
Menu #2 (Look at: UserCP, FQ, Member, List, etc)

I want to have a menu bar similar to Menu#2 because it does not show division in each text. It does not look like buttons, only active texts.
The oposite is Menu#1 that shows division like button for each text.

When I open html from photoshop to dreamweaver, it is fine.
I just add a swap image. Until here is ok.
The problem is when I add a link to change to another page when click, it appears a thin frame that looks image to be a rectangle button.
This frame is exactly where I sliced in photoshop.
When I preview, it looks like Menu#1 but I want to look like Menu #2
Please help me how to remove that frame in each slice when adding a link.
I hope to be clear on my ploblem.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Corrosive
10-22-2009, 06:08 AM
Welcome to the forum DESTROYER. The issue you have is your approach. Please read the FAQs...

http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28741

TurbineLegend
10-22-2009, 07:15 AM
to remove the frame, select the slice and go to the properties window (if not there got to: Windows -> Properties) and there will be a box named border. Even though the value for border is empty, you will have to enter a 0 (zero) for every single link you have in otder to eliminate the border, otherwise you'll get a blue frame around all your links. Good Luck

Corrosive
10-22-2009, 07:30 AM
to remove the frame, select the slice and go to the properties window (if not there got to: Windows -> Properties) and there will be a box named border. Even though the value for border is empty, you will have to enter a 0 (zero) for every single link you have in otder to eliminate the border, otherwise you'll get a blue frame around all your links. Good Luck

Why, when adding a img {border: 0;} to your stylesheet will do them all in one go? Use a stylesheet and save yourself the time and effort.

TurbineLegend
10-22-2009, 07:52 AM
was unaware. Thanks. I only know to use style sheets for text and font grouping. Didn't know it had other applications.

Corrosive
10-22-2009, 08:46 AM
was unaware. Thanks. I only know to use style sheets for text and font grouping. Didn't know it had other applications.

Yes, style sheets are for everything to do with positioning and styles. Your HTML should only contain the content of your website.

DESTROYER
10-23-2009, 12:10 AM
Thank you for information. It fixed my problem.