PDA

View Full Version : Link active

Himmelvandrer
10-21-2009, 10:54 AM
How do i make my link stay active after klicking on it in Dreamweaver?

Ive done the link over visited hover active stuff in CSS, that works but after klicking on the link it goes back to normal instead of staying active... Why?

DWcourse
10-21-2009, 02:38 PM
Because active is the state of the link when you are clicking on it. When you click on a link, it takes you to another page so, obviously the link you clicked on isn't available anymore (to be active or otherwise).

Do you mean that you'd like the link for the current page to somehow indicate that you are on that page?

Himmelvandrer
10-21-2009, 02:43 PM
Aha i see, ive used links to navigate my page, it works fine but only major draw back is the active state.

Yes, i would like the link to indicate that i am on that page... without using rollover images, only text.

thanks

domedia
10-21-2009, 03:57 PM
Aha i see, ive used links to navigate my page, it works fine but only major draw back is the active state.

Yes, i would like the link to indicate that i am on that page... without using rollover images, only text.

thanks

What you are talking about is not 'active'. Active is what Ed explained to you in the post above.

rmb
10-21-2009, 09:35 PM
I too am looking for some way that will keep my link style as it looked when in its active state until a different link is selected.

... indicating through the link style that they are on that page.

Any help would be very very much appreciated.

Thank you.

DWcourse
10-21-2009, 09:59 PM
You need to create a CSS style for the link to the current page (perhaps called .current) and apply it on a page-by-page basis to the appropriate link.

Himmelvandrer
10-23-2009, 02:11 PM
Ok here we gott some matter to refer to, so when I klick on the menu on the left side they stay unactive...

http://www.lars-tveit.net/index.php