PDA

View Full Version : MSN banned my site.

Cian
10-19-2009, 04:49 PM
Hi.
For some reason, My two sites have been removed from Bing.
www.cmgdesigns.ie and www.cmgdesigns.net

Any ideas how this might have happened.
Would they ban you if you had the word Visualization and the same word spelled with an s in brackets after it.

Google spell Visualization with a Z while Yahoo and Bing spell it with an S so I added both spellings for better serch results

Thanks in advance.
Cian.

Corrosive
10-19-2009, 05:06 PM
Hi.
For some reason, My two sites have been removed from Bing.
www.cmgdesigns.ie and www.cmgdesigns.net

Any ideas how this might have happened.
Would they ban you if you had the word Visualization and the same word spelled with an s in brackets after it.

Google spell Visualization with a Z while Yahoo and Bing spell it with an S so I added both spellings for better serch results

Thanks in advance.
Cian.

I think that would be a harsh ban reason but, you never know! I think you can actually let Google take care of spelling variations. Spell words for your native country.

domedia
10-19-2009, 05:13 PM
I think it's pretty safe that the search engines does not ban based on spelling.
Modern search engines would make sure that the search results are of good quality, so they're not going to display a result consisting of multiple identical sites.

DWcourse
10-19-2009, 07:17 PM
A couple of things:

www.cmgdesigns.net is still listed in Bing. Search for CMG Designs and it comes up third.

Second, www.cmgdesigns.ie and www.cmgdesigns.net are not two sites, at least in terms of content. Search engines tend devalue (or even drop) pages they find that duplicate pages already in their index. If you want to use both domains, then you should use a 301 redirect (probably from cmgdesigns.net to cmgdesigns.ie so only one of the domain names is indexed.

edbr
10-20-2009, 01:39 AM
o speling wont be a problem, misspelling is even used for picking up hits vilas instead of villas kind of thing.
duplicate content is a problem google claims to try and use canonical ref where used but bing afik doesnt

Cian
10-30-2009, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the info guys.
I'm back on bing again.
I heard a lot of people saying that MSN banned their sites only to list them again several years later.

I was worried it was something I did wrong and Yahoo & Google would soon follow MSN by banning my site.

Cheers.
Cian.