PDA

View Full Version : Need help please! (I'm a Dreamweaver Beginner)

clintoncole
10-18-2009, 05:37 PM
You can view the errors live at http://howardclintoncole.webs.com/index.htm

So in Photoshop CS4 I made three images labeled, "Home", "Portfolio", and "Blog". I typed it with the same font, size, etc and I Image:Trim[ed]:[the] Transparent Edges off (so each image is now a different height and width, although this helps keep the space inbetween each link perfectly even) and when I uploaded it to dreamweaver (through insert:image objects:rollover image) on my link tab they all came out in different positions so. . .,

My first question is how do I make them all lined up? I have them centered and everything I don't understand what I've done wrong.

My second question is, as you see, when you mouseover them they turn different widths and heights although the images are both exactly the same just different colors and I only have it set to change the image. What is wrong here?

&& My last question is, well I have a script (I believe that's what It's called?) that was saved in the folder my website is saved to and I deleted it (I made a bunch of websites thinking it was to one of the other ones and deleted it, oops!) How do I get it back? I've already emptied my trash can :(!

domedia
10-18-2009, 06:49 PM
My first question is how do I make them all lined up? I have them centered and everything I don't understand what I've done wrong.
The easy asnwer would be to make sure all the graphics are the same height.
It would be nice though if you would mark up your navigation as a list, as it is a list of nav items.
The CENTER tag was deprecated in '97 I think in favor of CSS. What/Who-ever told you to use the CENTER tag, fire them ;)

&& My last question is, well I have a script (I believe that's what It's called?) that was saved in the folder my website is saved to and I deleted it (I made a bunch of websites thinking it was to one of the other ones and deleted it, oops!) How do I get it back? I've already emptied my trash can :(! You can't, sorry.

clintoncole
10-18-2009, 07:52 PM
It would be nice though if you would mark up your navigation as a list, as it is a list of nav items.
I'm brand new to dreamweaver, although I catch on VERY quickly could you give me some quick steps on how to do this and the benefit please sir :)?

The CENTER tag was deprecated in '97 I think in favor of CSS. What/Who-ever told you to use the CENTER tag, fire them ;)
So what would I use?

domedia
10-19-2009, 12:20 AM
Look up some info on using Lists as navigation.
http://css.maxdesign.com.au/listamatic/ is a good one.
It's not so much a 'learning dreamweaver' issue as it is learning which elements to use and that all styling should be done with CSS.

clintoncole
10-25-2009, 02:42 AM
Thanks very very much. Understanding how to mark them up as a list and doing it definitely helped. It even made it work in browsers it didn't before, yay :D!