PDA

View Full Version : Help for a Novice

markster_uk
10-18-2009, 03:15 PM
I'm just putting together my first ever website using Dreamweaver 8 (creating a personal homepage). I have created a frameset (left and top frame then central part of the page. When people click on my Blog button I want it to automatically load my blog (which I have created in Blogger.com) in the central part of the frameset. Not sure what code I use? I am a total novice. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Markster

domedia
10-18-2009, 07:43 PM
Hi Markster,
drop the frameset, you need to make each of your pages an individual web page. Only use a frameset if you need to include external content that is not possible to bring in any other way.

markster_uk
10-18-2009, 10:09 PM
Thanks but I want to keep the frames as they contain count up timers for some key events in my life. I want them to be on display all the time.

Thanks

Mark

DWcourse
10-19-2009, 01:05 AM
The advice to drop the framesets still applies. Their a bad idea except for incorporating content from another site. You can always put the events info on each page.

domedia
10-19-2009, 01:24 AM
You can keep the exact same content, just make normal regular web pages.
Frames are not any benefit for you in this, it just creates more work for you. And then you have to deal with the accessibility issues frames brings as well.

markster_uk
10-19-2009, 11:52 AM
Hi
Thanks but not sure how i can do this????? Because surely I can't embed my blogger blog within a regular webpage. Not sure how to do this. Can you point me in the right direction. Thanks

Mark

d a v e
10-19-2009, 12:21 PM
why not just link to your blog? why would you want it contained with your web page?

domedia
10-19-2009, 05:05 PM
So is the blog hosted with Blogger. Is it a hosted app?