PDA

View Full Version : Previewing in Safari

azzaman
10-17-2009, 11:04 PM
I have created a web side from a blank page, centered some div tags, put in some button and have a main area for some photos..

If I view the website in Firefox all looks good, but if i view it in safari some of the elements are not present. The photos have not applied a css rule, the navigation bar coloured buttons are missing and the css rules are not present (like the font colour and size_

I have done some reading about safari and cs4, but I didn't really understand much of it (something with safari inserting <header> in a random place. Is there a known problem with cs4 and safari and is there something I can do to correct this problem.. Coding stuff??

I am very new to this and not sure if that is enough information...

Cheers

walkamongus
10-18-2009, 03:10 AM
have you validated your code? ive just started doing this and it helps a lot... http://validator.w3.org/

also, for me sometimes the preview function will not display css correctly, but looks fine when uploaded..

maybe someone else has some other ideas...

DWcourse
10-18-2009, 03:45 AM
I'd have to see that page you're having trouble with. I'm not aware of any particular issues between CS4 and Safari and Safari doesn't insert anything into your code.

azzaman
10-18-2009, 01:52 PM
Hi, thanks for the replies. I did upload and looks fine after that through both Firefox and Safari.