PDA

View Full Version : Inserting a SWF with image behind

soundchaseruk
10-16-2009, 12:14 PM
I want to position a photo behind a swf on the banner heading in SC3. I have made the banner with the photo behinbd using KOOLMOVES and saved it as a SWF file . When importing it to SC3 it only shows the animation and not the background photo.

I ahve also tried inserting the photo first then the SWF just with the animation and it gets positioned underweath.

My companies website is currently like this

www.crmanagement.co.uk (http://www.crmanagement.co.uk) with the same SWF but I want a fade image behind the SWF

I don't have Photoshop but have Ulead PhotoImpact 10 SE Idet which is quite good for photo editing.

Can this be done in SC3 or not ? I am new to Dreamweaver having built the two company websites in NOF8 so am keen to learn more.

soundchaseruk
10-16-2009, 12:16 PM
I want to position a photo behind a swf on the banner heading in SC3. I have made the banner with the photo behinbd using KOOLMOVES and saved it as a SWF file . When importing it to SC3 it only shows the animation and not the background photo.

I ahve also tried inserting the photo first then the SWF just with the animation and it gets positioned underweath.

www.crmanagement.co.uk (http://www.crmanagement.co.uk) with the same SWF but I want a fade image behind the SWF

I don't have Photoshop but have Ulead PhotoImpact 10 SE Idet which is quite good for photo editing.

Can this be done in SC3 or not ? I am new to Dreamweaver having built the two company websites in NOF8 so am keen to learn more.

Corrosive
10-16-2009, 02:25 PM

You can set the image as a background in your CSS styles;

#header {
background-image: url(yourbanner.jpg);
}

and then insert the swf into the HTML itself. That should work if I understand your question correctly.

domedia
10-16-2009, 03:38 PM
Merged posts/threads again. What's up with everyone's crossposting in the forum lately? 8)

soundchaseruk
10-16-2009, 04:07 PM
This is my first visit to this forum and posted initially in a thread that after exploring the main content, wasn't the right place, so i posted again. Now I know what the site layout is I will choose carefully next time and post. I have already had a reply so thanks.

domedia
10-16-2009, 05:14 PM
No probs, I just need to leave a post so you know what happened.