PDA

View Full Version : Probs Creating Web Photo Album !

spazzer
10-15-2009, 12:22 PM
HI,
I am trying to create a web album within dreamweaver, I do everything until where it says 'Source Images', I browse to the location of my pictures, when the folder opens it shows no images in it but when I click on the same folder on my desktop the images are all there, they are all jpeg's so I don't know why dreamweaver doesn't see them, any ideas ????

Cheers,
Nick C :-)

domedia
10-15-2009, 06:16 PM
Are you saying that DW tells you there are no files in that folder?

spazzer
10-15-2009, 07:42 PM
Hi,
Yes ,I even placed the jpegs in my images folder and it doesn't see them, it says there are no files in the folder, everything else within dreamweaver works fine as regards images, it just seems to be a problem when creating the web photo album, its annoying because I really want to create one within my site !!!!.
I've just tried again now and where it says choose images source folder I browse to the folder where I know the images are and it says no items match your search and shows the folder as empty !!!!!!
Any help would be great.

Cheers,
Nick C ;-)

rattlsnak
10-17-2009, 09:44 PM
I had the same problem when I upgraded to CS4. (worked fine in DW 8 . I called support and they couldnt figure it out either. Well I figured it out on my own.
**disclaimer-- this worked for me anyway!!**
Look at the path that is set when you pick your folder where your images are. For some reason DW will not populate the entire path. If you manually type the path in it will work fine. The pics will still not show up in the description area, but when you create the album, everything in the path will work.

spazzer
10-18-2009, 10:15 AM
Hi,
Thanks, will try it out, its so annoying when something doesn't work as it should, incidently the same thing happens in Fireworks CS3 when trying to create a photo slideshow !!!

thanks for your help,

Nick C ;-)