PDA

View Full Version : Review these sites

jc1cell
10-14-2009, 01:36 PM
Hello All,

I have begun providing web design and coding services for the past three or four months and in that time frame have completed these two sites: www.krystalsign.com (http://www.krystalsign.com) and www.bistrotruck.com (http://www.bistrotruck.com). I would like you all to take a look at them and let me know what you think regarding the design and the coding. I'm no davinci of web design but as long as my clients are happy I'm happy.

I'm working on a couple more that have fallen on my lap and can honestly say that working on both sides of website creation is really fun (and a hair-pulling experience at the same time) and am looking forward to learning how to implement CMS systems (JOOMLA) and databases into my work. I'm having a bit of a rough time understanding the implementation of MySQL and PHP and all the code related to that. I may just by the webassist extensions and solutions and dissect that in order to understand things a bit further.

So, I welcome your comments and will take them into account (both design and code styling) for any future projects.

Cheers,
jc

Corrosive
10-14-2009, 01:50 PM
Excellent work. I like both of them very much and they are both coded well also.

You don't seem to have any header (h1, h2...h6) tags in your content and they can help a little with SEO by indicating what the page and various sections are about but that is a very minor thing.

Good stuff :)

jc1cell
10-14-2009, 02:42 PM
Thank you Corrosive for the kind review. I think on the first krystal site I have an h4 tag but not a higher level on any of them. I know that on the bistro site I don't have any. I'm actually incorporating that into a current project which allows for there use a bit more.

jc

domedia
10-14-2009, 04:03 PM
Liked the Bistro site absolutely. Don't really feel the Krystal design is doing it for me..

jc1cell
10-14-2009, 05:32 PM
I can accept that domedia. I personally think that the krystal site can use some improvement in the layout, but considering it was my first site I think it came out pretty good.

Thanks for the review.

jc

cocoonfx
10-15-2009, 09:42 AM
I am with Domedia on the Krystal design, how ever i really like the bristo design, very nice. Quick question where did you get your icons from... i love them.

domedia
10-15-2009, 05:14 PM
but considering it was my first site I think it came out pretty good. You might have some bias then ;)

jc1cell
10-15-2009, 06:57 PM
You might have some bias then ;)

Is that what it's called :-D I always thought it was called designers ego :cool: not that I'm much of a designer :oops: I just thought I'd get some reprieve for that site but you guys are right, should be improved.

Don't remember exactly which site it was but you can do a search and you should find them easily. It's what I did.

Thanks for the replies.

jc