PDA

View Full Version : Opinion of my website

Stroods
10-13-2009, 03:17 PM
Hi Guys,

I recently designed a new site and I'm wondering what you opinion is on my "design". Ive been on many forums before and I know how picky people can be on forums. Everyone thinks they're a genius. Well Im not and Im wondering you think. Thanks

http://www.hellomynameis.ca

Stroods
10-13-2009, 03:43 PM
Hey guys,

I need an opinion on a new website I just built. Just basically the design and please dont be too picky like most forums are.

Thanks

http://www.hellomynameis.ca/

domedia
10-13-2009, 03:46 PM
I merged your threads. Please don't crosspost in this forum.

I think it's looks fine.

Very red. Maybe the red in the logo does not work so well with the rest of the web. Nice solution with the slideshow for content. The copyright is huuge..

Stroods
10-13-2009, 03:50 PM
Sorry about the crosspost. didnt think it would matter in another area.
Ive been looking into changing the colour of the logo. I know its kind of a weird name and all but everything in just so generic and whatever i seem to come up with is already taken

Thanks for your time

domedia
10-13-2009, 03:54 PM
Is that your personal website? If so, how many years did you study web design?

(I just deleted your third cross post..)

Stroods
10-13-2009, 03:57 PM
I did the third one because i saw the second one was missing. Thats all. Im done

This is my freelance site. I studied web design for one year and Ive been working professionally for 5 months now

domedia
10-13-2009, 04:12 PM
Good luck to you then!
There's many one man businesses here, so I'm sure you can get a lot of feedback on any questions you have.

Stroods
10-13-2009, 04:17 PM
Thanks! and when i say working, I mean getting paid by an employer. Freelance is a side thing so far

Anyone else?

Corrosive
10-13-2009, 04:50 PM
I like the design a lot. Pretty original thinking there as I don't think I've seen many others like it. I especially like the feelings of multiple 'depths' to the page with the reflections and shadows. Good job :)

djshongo
10-14-2009, 12:46 PM
Simple. Easy. Clear. Perfect.

:)

d a v e
10-14-2009, 01:10 PM
i find the name confusing "Hello My Name Is Designs" at least it would be better if it was bold or italic to set apart a little from the 'normal' text

looks crap in ie6 because you have no png alpha transparency fix

i don't like the centred text on the services page and you've been naughty and layed it out with <br/>s but if you alter the text size it goes all out of kilter ;)

the about section typeface is too hard to read easily and you're missing the alt text for that image, and you have the incorrect alt text for your logo

logo has some stray pixels bottom right (red rectangle about 7x2 sticking out over the drop shadow

one-man team is hyphenated, at least in English - not sure about Canadian English :)

few things to fix but otherwise it's clean and likeable.

edit: the main content background image looks poorly antialiased on the corners. you could try making the image twice as big, save a copy as a lossless format (tif, bitmap, png24) then halve it back again as a bitmap and svae as/export again

Stroods
10-14-2009, 01:20 PM
Thanks for commenting on my "design" dave :lol:

Dont think Ive ever seen a post as picky as yours. Good effort though!

d a v e
10-14-2009, 03:51 PM
yeah i know it was picky but i hope it's all constructive :)
i know it's always a bit disappointing when people post a list of things 'wrong' with your site but when you've made any changes you agree with it's just going to look better ;)

walkamongus
10-14-2009, 03:56 PM
i like the layout a lot... nice and clean. i like how the menu is set up. the copyright is as big as your logo. the name confused me a little. overall good job.

domedia
10-14-2009, 04:08 PM
Thick skin is needed here because lots of us like to push people to the next level by being brutally honest, both in design and code ;-) I would agree with everything dave said. Now you at least have a good additional list for making the site better if you agree as well 8)

Stroods
10-14-2009, 06:12 PM
Every post is very much appreciated! Im a top contributor on adobe's dreamweaver forum. I came here because they know who I am there :wink: