PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question re site submission on google

cornerstones
10-13-2009, 04:01 PM
HI I have created and had verified my site cornerstonesresidentiallettings.com (yes now regret the long address!) on google but firstly when typing the web name in the address bar it comes up as untitled document and secondly how long does it take to appear on the organic search and is there anything I can do to speed this up? Many thanks Gary

domedia
10-13-2009, 04:40 PM
It comes up as untitled document because that is what you have in your title tags.

If you searched for and found your website on Google, then that is an organic search afaik.

cornerstones
10-13-2009, 06:49 PM
thanks for your reply, I have put cornerstones residential lettings where I believe to be the right place but still comes up as untitled can I be cheeky and ask you to have a look in the source code to make sure I have done this correctly www.cornerstonesresidentiallettings.com (http://www.cornerstonesresidentiallettings.com) I would appreciate it - thanks

Corrosive
10-13-2009, 06:54 PM
Refresh your browser cache. It is in the right place and it is showing up for me.

cornerstones
10-13-2009, 06:58 PM
I am sorry to be a plum but how do i do that ans can you see the site without putting the whole address in ? Many thanks

cornerstones
10-13-2009, 07:22 PM
Hi I have cleared the cookies and temporary internet files but when I search the site in google it still comes up as untitled and does not show in the organic search I have to type the whole website address in the address bar? Help!!! Thanks Gary

Corrosive
10-13-2009, 07:31 PM
How long has your site been up/live?

I can also 100% guarantee you that your title is fine. Your browser will catch up with it sooner or later.

cornerstones
10-13-2009, 07:33 PM
Hi thanks for your time, it has been verified on google for five days I have also submitted it to yahoo in the hope it may speed up the process

Thanks

Gary

Corrosive
10-13-2009, 07:41 PM
They say that patience is a virtue ;)

I know Google can be slow but it will happen.

cornerstones
10-13-2009, 07:42 PM
Thanks very much for your help with this much appreciated

Corrosive
10-13-2009, 08:00 PM
Thanks very much for your help with this much appreciated

You're welcome but I didn't really do anything! If it's not showing up in another week then come back to this thread.