PDA

View Full Version : Vbulletin with Dreamweaver

Derek Ridley
10-13-2009, 03:15 PM
Okay,
real quick, I want edit/customize newthread template to read differently in different areas of forum topics in Vbulletin. Please explain on how I go about doing this.

So far I've edit newthread.php within admin vbulletin control panel, but for some reason its not picking up php. Now, I opened up newthread.php in dreamweaver and I can see original mysql and variable codes. But if I edit in dream weaver everything comes before forum at top of screen and when I edit in admin vbulletin control panel it doesn't pick up the code. It seems that admin vbulletin control panel only picks html side.

Also, I've connected to the database fine and I can read and drop and drag as needed. But I want to be able to use the newthread.php file to make changes depending on what area you are in within forum

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. I hope I didn't lose anyone.

DWcourse
10-13-2009, 03:37 PM
I think I'd ask this question over at vbulletin.org. However I will warn you that you have to be very careful editing vbulletin files since many of them will get overwritten when there is an update.

Derek Ridley
10-13-2009, 03:46 PM
yeah, I was even think making separate database for things wanting to add, I found other sites that did it, but not sure how they did it..