PDA

View Full Version : Navigation with CSS (scrolling / multilevel navigation)

Cpixie
10-11-2009, 07:40 PM
Hi there,

I'm trying to do a website for my photography, and I came across this navigation, which I really like: http://www.tim-barber.com
It's plain, clear and simplistic.

I believe this is done with CSS, no? (I'm not very experienced in webdesign/programming but I'm familiar with html and the basics(!) of CSS)

Is there a template or tutorial out there, which lets me do that kind of vertical 'animated' multilevel navigation?

Same as in the above website, I'd then like to have the content area on the right hand side. The idea is that each navigation item will call a different flash/swf movie (done with Slideshowpro).

It'd be great if someone here could help me out with this!

Thanks a lot!
CPixie

Cpixie
10-12-2009, 12:15 AM
Got it sorted, using JQuery.

I decided to change the design a little bit as well....
Can anyone here tell me if it's possible to add transparency to an accordion style JQuery navigation? Or even better: Semi-transparency?

I'd like to have the navigation float above the images...

domedia
10-12-2009, 12:21 AM
Edit: was writing too long on this post and you went ahead of me :)It's done with JavaScript. I'd stay away from it until you're fully familiar with HTML and CSS.

I you still want to dive into it, you can do this with jQuery, like the website you used as an example. jQuery is a JavaScript framework that makes it a little easier to use JavaScript, but you'd still have to download and study it.

EDIT: Just saw your post you wrote as I was writing this. Looks like you got it sorted :)