PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question - Dreamweaver Spa Template

2manyusernames
10-08-2009, 09:44 PM
Hello there!

I'm new to website design, so I'm practicing with a Dreamweaver template to get me started. I'm using the "Spa" template.

Everything was going swimmingly; changing the header, background color, images etc. no problem. Then I hit a snag!

The navigation links on the left hand side, have the font and border color set to yellow. I want to change them to silver (#999999).

I figured the way to do this, was to change the ID and Class Styles in the Style Sheet, from yellow to silver. I did this, the the design pane shows the changes, and displays the font as silver. Great. It worked!

Except it didn't!

When I preview in Safari it's still the same - yellow! I changed every single color in the style sheet to silver, nothing is set to yellow, yet when I preview in Safari it still shows as yellow!

I've been pulling my hair out all morning trying to figure it out. So I decided to ask for help. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Or how to make the change?

Many thanks in advance!

Tim

DWcourse
10-08-2009, 10:03 PM
Are you previewing using Dreamweaver's Preview in Browser feature and are you saving the style sheet before previewing?

2manyusernames
10-08-2009, 10:13 PM
Are you previewing using Dreamweaver's Preview in Browser feature and are you saving the style sheet before previewing?

Thanks for replying! Yes, I'm previewing using Dreamweaver's Preview in Browser feature. It's definitely being saved too, because the other color changes I'm making are working. Weird huh?

DWcourse
10-08-2009, 10:52 PM
In that case you'll need to post the page somewhere where we can look at it.