PDA

View Full Version : CSS external sheet...simply in the same folder?

dreamweaver beginner
10-08-2009, 05:15 AM
Hello,

I've been working on external style sheets for the first time. Below I created my first external style sheet:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="superpizza.css" />

I was perplexed that the href didn't have a directory. it only has a file name. but it worked. my only guess was to save it in the same file folder as the html page. the book didn't really talk much about the file directory aspect of the html page vs. the external css file.

Is that how you properly link a CSS style sheet to an html page? you simply place it in the same folder with the correct title?

my mind wants to create a more spelled-out address for the .css file. but i guess that's how you do it.

Corrosive
10-08-2009, 05:38 AM
It is entirely up to you. Whatever you want to do it makes no difference. Personally I have a folder called 'css' and store my stylesheets in that but that's just my preference. Either will work fine.

domedia
10-08-2009, 06:33 AM
Is that how you properly link a CSS style sheet to an html page? you simply place it in the same folder with the correct title? The name of the file does not matter. You're not creating a CSS file for each HTML page, are you?

DWcourse
10-08-2009, 01:55 PM
Search for info about document relative vs. site relative links. Here's a simple explanation: http://ezinearticles.com/?Understand-Site-Relative-versus-Document-Relative-Web-Links&id=302167