PDA

View Full Version : uploading dreamweaver page interruption

rennart
10-04-2009, 03:54 PM
I wonder if anybody has had this problem?

When I try and upload an amended page to my website
through Dreamweaver, first saving all, and then clicking the name on the list of files and then clicking the blue upload arrow, I receive the following message
on the Details, relating to the images uploading.

Same- not transferred
put operation successful
then
operation timed out - cancelling
NO RESPONSE FROM SERVER
SOME FILES SKIPPED
BECAUSE OLD REMOTE FILE COULD NOT BE DELETED.

Then when I check the page on internet, there is the odd image file not uploaded.

I can repeat the process, and a different image may not load properly.

What am I doing wrong?
The two pages it happens most with
are http://www.rennart.co.uk/textiles.html
http://www.rennart.co.uk/vintage.html

hope that makes sense and someone knows the answer?

many thanks
:confused:

DWcourse
10-05-2009, 07:59 PM
It's rare anymore but I used to have issues like that when I hit the limit for disk space on my server.

rennart
10-06-2009, 01:27 PM
thankyou for taking time to reply.

I have checked and the disk doesn't seem to be full, so I am contacting
webhost to see if they know what is happening?

rennart
10-07-2009, 03:38 PM
hello again
I have just contacted my webhost and they say it is a dreamweaver issue
as I have plenty of disk space.
Have you any more idea as what it can be?
It is very irritating when some images have not loaded properly one time and the next time it is a different one as you can imagine!

DWcourse
10-07-2009, 03:56 PM
I'd try replacing the files using a different ftp program. If it works without problems, then it must be something related to your Dreamweaver setup. Otherwise it's a hosting issue and you need to look elsewhere for hosting.

Corrosive
10-07-2009, 04:00 PM
Have you tried an independent FTP programme? Jilezilla maybe? If that works then it is a DW issue. I have problems from time to time with DW FTP. It is annoying but it does seem to right itself after a while.

Corrosive
10-07-2009, 04:00 PM
I'd try replacing the files using a different ftp program. If it works without problems, then it must be something related to your Dreamweaver setup. Otherwise it's a hosting issue and you need to look elsewhere for hosting.

Great minds think alike JC :wink:

kprutzman
08-06-2010, 12:13 AM
hello again
I have just contacted my webhost and they say it is a dreamweaver issue
as I have plenty of disk space.
Have you any more idea as what it can be?
It is very irritating when some images have not loaded properly one time and the next time it is a different one as you can imagine!
Hello,
I had the same problem, with my ftp losing connection and timing out. I looked at my Dreamweaver preferences and low and behold, there was the problem!

Under the "Site" category, "FTP time out" was set to 2 seconds. Increase that time and it should be fixed. It did for me.

And you know what? It WAS a Dreamweaver issue and NOT your hosting company as some insisted on this forum. :)

DWcourse
08-06-2010, 12:19 AM
And you know what? It WAS a Dreamweaver issue and NOT your hosting company as some insisted on this forum. :)

But no one insisted on that at all. In fact we offered a way to determine if the problem was Dreamweaver or not.