PDA

View Full Version : CSS Posistioning Hell

johne281
10-02-2009, 04:47 PM
Hi guys and gals, I need your help. I am finishing up my site and for some reason, DW decides to ruin the moment for me. I don't know how this happened but it destroyed a major aspect of my site. My CSS posistioning is thrown off in my website on certain pages. I am using 3 different templates to control my site so only certain pages are affected. You can check them out at

www.beatminesamples.com (http://www.beatminesamples.com)

Check out the home page to see how things should be. Then if you navigate to a product page (not the products tab, but a page displaying a product) Then you can see the problems.

At the top, the item details are running over the image and are all misaligned. Not only this but my rightbar is pushed off of the main page and down to the bottom where it is messing up the footer. WTF happened? DW said "Your page has been modified outside of Dreamweaver, would you like to update it? I clicked yes and now this. What can i do?

johne281
10-02-2009, 04:50 PM
*UPDATE* My products tab is also ruined to!! Check it out

domedia
10-02-2009, 05:16 PM
*UPDATE* My products tab is also ruined to!! Check it out
<style type="../templates/text/css">
This has no meaning in HTML.. You're putting a path into the type attribute.

johne281
10-02-2009, 05:20 PM
<style type="../templates/text/css">This has no meaning in HTML.. You're putting a path into the type attribute.

So what do I need to do. Please explain.

johne281
10-02-2009, 05:22 PM
After looking it up, I actually think it is telling the browser that it is reading a template,text and css. On the template it says text/css and on the child page it says ../templates/css/text. I think that is telling the browser where to find the template in addition to telling it that it has css and text on the page. Any ideas?

johne281
10-02-2009, 05:46 PM
Ok I figured it out. DW

djbutter22
10-14-2009, 10:12 PM
what was the solution?