PDA

View Full Version : MySQL ASP.NET data connection problem

Rich28
10-02-2009, 03:06 PM
I am using Dreamweaver MX with MySQL database on my local machine. I have made a database connection and can view data from my data base when using ASP VBScript pages, however when I try to use ASP.NET VB pages so that I can use datagrids and list etc I get the following output in my web browser:

System.ArgumentException: An OLE DB Provider was not specified in the ConnectionString. An example would be, 'Provider=SQLOLEDB;'.
at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionString.ValidatePr ovider(String progid)
at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionString.ValidateCo nnectionString(String connectionString)

I have deployed my supporting files through dreamweaver to my /bin folder on my site and also to the bin folder in mysql but still not working.

I have also downloaded and installed the NET connector from the mysql site, but still the same output............can any one help!

D.taick
10-05-2009, 05:09 AM
It seems that you try to use ASP on Linux Server. Do not do so, it wont work, even your server may claim that it supports ASP. If you use Linux Server and you want to use database, always use PHPMySQL version. Read "Introduction to PHP and MySQL" and "Connection Properties" in the help file first.

edbr
10-05-2009, 05:20 AM
he does not say his server type he may well be using iis on a local server. php is an option but not this posters choice