PDA

View Full Version : IE display issue

dsnyder
09-30-2009, 03:37 PM
I’m trying to figure out a IE display issue.
1.The links in the footer get bumped over to the right of the page. (Fine in FF)
2.There is a gap between the bottom of the content area and the purple footer box in IE. (Fine in FF)
http://chambercollective.com/index.html
I am not having this issue on other pages. The index pg has a 760x480 image (held in the 'homecontent' div) that somehow seems to be responsible for the IE problems.
CSS
#outerwrap { position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0;} /* end force ht to 100% of viewport*/
#innerwrap {position: relative; text-align: left; width: 760px;margin: 0 auto 0 auto; border: none; padding: 0;} /*innerwrap contains all content except footer*/
#contentwrap {width: 760px;margin: 0 auto 0 auto;} /*contentwrap contains all main content area*/
#homecontent {width: 760px; height: 480px;}
If I remove the height:480px from #homecontent, the links go back in place, but gap is still there and now appears in FF as well…

Thanks for any help! Can't figure it out!

domedia
09-30-2009, 07:24 PM
Try to add clear: left; to the footer as it looks like it's floating next to your site.

Some of the other CSS properties in footer seems a little redundant. Will it still work like you want if you remove the WIDTH and LEFT property?

Welcome back to the forums btw Derek!

dsnyder
09-30-2009, 10:26 PM
Thanks Ove!
the clear: left did the trick for the bump to the right. And I did have all sorts of needless stuff in the footer properties. No longer. Thanks.

The extra pixel of space is still showing up between the content and the purple box at the bottom in IE. Not a huge deal, but it shouldn't be there and isn't on the other pages or in FF. Can't figure whats causing it. Doesn't seem to like the 760x480 image?

Thanks again for the wisdom! Jealous of you being in Petoskey this time of year...must be gorgeous...

domedia
10-01-2009, 12:03 AM
It's a little harder to debug for someone else in IE, there's just not any real good tools for IE afaik.

But here's what I would try:
1. Remove the LINK and STYLE tags that are between the #contentwrap area and the .artists to the HEAD area of the website.
2. the UL inside the .artists does not need to be floated.

Now living in Ann Arbor, but had quite a few weekends up north this summer.