PDA

View Full Version : strange AP div behavior

dreamweaver beginner
09-30-2009, 05:02 AM
Hello,

I'm trying to practice AP divs. There is a weird thing happening. If I click anywhere on the web page in design view (even where the AP div tag was placed), the AP div I placed on the page disappears from view.

If I click off the side of the page on the left or right, the AP div box reappears, and there is a gigantic blinking cursor line down the whole left or right side of the page.

If I click underneath the page area, the AP div box does not reappear, and the whole background behind the page turns into shaded diagonal lines.

Then when I view the page in firefox or explorer, the AP div lands lower than it should. It's like there is some strange setting or junk code that found its way in, and I don't know how to fix it.

I've heard cautions about using AP div tags. They seem to be a nightmare.

Corrosive
09-30-2009, 08:47 AM
Try placing your cursor where it needs to be (generally in between the <div></div> tags) in Code view and then work it from there.

And, yes, ap divs can be a nightmare and should be used with caution. They are positioned according to the edge of the browser if the div they are sat in is not set to 'ralative'. If your containing div is relatively positioned then the ap div with be positioned according to the edges of that.

Certainly don't build your whole page from ap divs!