PDA

View Full Version : Insert button on top of a image

CS3 Photographer
09-28-2009, 07:31 PM
Im creating a web CSS site and I have a logo image that I want to place a button on top of the image. I will also link to button to another page on the site. Can anybody assist with this issue?

CS3 Photographer
09-28-2009, 08:51 PM
Click the link to see example of what Im trying to do...notice the two buttons on top of the image in the middle of the page and when you click on these buttons they are linked to another page...

http://www.yrci.com/

dreamweaver beginner
09-28-2009, 09:55 PM
It sounds like you want to do many things at once with one button. I'm starting to approach something like that myself.

What I'm planning to do is use Photoshop to composite the image. And then it's only one function.

So if you are trying to have the html or css place the logo over the button, and have the button get larger when you click hover over it, and then have it link to something else...that's a lot for one area. maybe it's better to simply weld the logo permanently to the button using photoshop. then you aren't trying to do too many things at once.

since explorer or firefox, etc. can align things slightly different on a page, you might not have your superimposed logo line up perfectly over the button. if you permanently weld it and save it as its own jpeg file, then there is no way the alignment can be wrong because it's only one image.

i'm a *beginner*, not an expert. so only count what i say for about five cents on the dollar.

CS3 Photographer
09-28-2009, 10:27 PM
Thanks...but this senario either has to do with a css rule definition (script), div tag or a flash file. I've already created the 3 buttons in photoshop but there is a way to place the 3 buttons on top of my image...Im just searching for that dreamweaver answer. i.e. is it merging cells, images, div tags or is its an imbedded flash file with a css rule. That's what I'm trying to find out. The buttons don't have to enlarge when hoovering, I can do that, its getting the buttons on top of my image without screwing up my div tag, just like the two square buttons on the below link.

http://www.yrci.com/

DWcourse
09-28-2009, 10:46 PM
Use the image as the a background image (CSS) for your div and then place the images as content in the div.

DWcourse
09-28-2009, 10:47 PM
You already have another thread with this question.

CS3 Photographer
09-28-2009, 11:36 PM
Yeah, I posted another thread with a web link to show an example of what I am looking to do...can you assist with this issue?

edbr
09-29-2009, 12:34 AM
I have merged these threads. please do not start a new thread on the same topic.
re positioning the button, i would absolutely position it with css

CS3 Photographer
09-29-2009, 11:30 PM
Thanks to everyone who provided input to my problem. All of your inputs were on point.

Much appreciated,