PDA

View Full Version : horizontal navigation bar...how do you think they did this?

dreamweaver beginner
09-26-2009, 11:21 PM
Hello,

I've been studying things like css, spry, rollovers, links, etc. But I'm not skilled enough yet to look at another page and understand the technique behind it. If you look at Research in Motion's home page:

www.rim.net (http://www.rim.net)

When you place the mouse over a word on the navigation bar, it changes from blue to green. It's simple and clean.

It appears to me they did two things:
1) Set up a div container area for the navigation bar
2) created some sort of basic text-hyperlink, with some sort of simple coloring effect to let you know you are on the correct word.

I would like to try to create something like this, but I'm not sure what technical approach to take (spry, rollover, div, html, css...?).

So if somebody could indicate to me the "technical family" of commands this falls into, I can work on this and practice it.

Thanks!:)

coloeagle
09-27-2009, 05:34 AM
It appears to me they did two things:
1) Set up a div container area for the navigation bar
2) created some sort of basic text-hyperlink, with some sort of simple coloring effect to let you know you are on the correct word.

Correct on both points

I would like to try to create something like this, but I'm not sure what technical approach to take (spry, rollover, div, html, css...?).

div's and css

So if somebody could indicate to me the "technical family" of commands this falls into, I can work on this and practice it.
To set up your links for the affects you want, take a read of the multiple hyperlink styles article - in my sig below.