PDA

View Full Version : Messed-up web design

notherand
09-26-2009, 03:59 PM
Hi huys .

So , im a newbie in both photoshop and dreamweaver and
I have this web project that im working on.

My problem is if i import the design that i did in photoshop I noticed that it is
converted into tables in dreamweaver so whenever i do some changes the design messes up like the navigation and header moving up or down.

I was wondering if i can import the design without the dreamweaver converting it to tables.

And also if you have links for tutorials that can help me with my problem
I would really appreciate it .

Tnx.

domedia
09-26-2009, 04:34 PM
I was wondering if i can import the design without the dreamweaver converting it to tables.

Yes, but it takes manual labor ;) This is a craft, and you'll need to learn the basics of HTML/CSS to be able to decide what graphics to export from Photoshop.

DWcourse
09-26-2009, 10:01 PM
You can export as absolutely positioned divs from Photoshop but you're just exchanging one set of problems for another. If you are going to modify the design in anyway that will change the dimension of one area (different size image, add text, etc.) you need to build the layout from scratch.

notherand
09-27-2009, 11:47 PM
Ow . my problem is i cant put text or objects in my background coz it is imported as an image not a background image. so if i try to make it as a background image something messes up like other pictures/navigation.

Corrosive
09-28-2009, 07:11 AM
There is no answer other than the one the guys have given you. You need to learn HTML/CSS and construct your pages from scratch. Exporting a whole layout from Photoshop has these issues and more.

notherand
09-28-2009, 08:24 AM
I see. I just hope i can finish my project on time . Tnx anyway.

Corrosive
09-28-2009, 08:32 AM
Just out of interest, how long did you give yourself to learn web design?