PDA

View Full Version : Layer background image takes longer to load in IE

HangmanQ
09-26-2009, 03:44 PM
On a very basic website I am working on (mainly as a learning experience) I have a repeating background pattern which is fine. However, I have a large layer in which most of my composition is contained which itself has a background image of a rounded rectangle.

When previewing on all browsers other than Internet Explorer all of this as well as any of the other elements on my page appear instantly as none of them are large pngs or anything but on internet explorer it takes a moment (less than a second) for the layer's background image to appear so for that moment the overall background pattern is visible before it appears.

Has anyone got any suggestions for how I can get this to work as it does on the other browsers (I've tested it on Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari).

Apologies if my post is hard to understand, as you might have guessed I have very little experience using dreamweaver.

domedia
09-26-2009, 04:32 PM
Guessing that you have not set a background color to the area that takes IE a second to render the background image.

HangmanQ
09-26-2009, 06:39 PM
Hi and thanks for the reply, you are correct in that I havnt set a background colour for that area but if I did then for the second before the image renders won't there just be a big ugly block of colour over the overall background pattern?

HangmanQ
09-26-2009, 07:04 PM
I think I've solved the problem by changing the vis of the layer (with the image that take a moment to render as background) to inherit instead of visible. When I preview it no longer takes that brief moment to load the image so hopefully that's that sorted, should it have perhaps been set to inherit already?

HangmanQ
09-26-2009, 07:35 PM
Actually no, it's gone back to the way it was, don't know why it wasn't doing it for a moment there. Anyone got any suggestions?

domedia
09-27-2009, 04:33 PM
It's hard to see what your situation is without some more info
http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23515
Link?