PDA

View Full Version : Blank space at bottom of website

santyr10
09-26-2009, 01:34 PM
Hello, I'm creating a website and I'm getting a lot of blank space at the bottom of the page. I was wondering if anyone could help me find a solution.
Here is a link to the page:
http:www.crswebstudios.com/test2
Thanks.

DWcourse
09-26-2009, 01:53 PM
I'd start by taking the height property out of the styles for your divs and see if that works.

And then I'd learn how to position elements correctly on the page rather than using non-breaking spaces.

santyr10
09-26-2009, 03:23 PM
Thanx for answering.

If I take out all da height properties out of the styles for the divs things on the site move all over the place. However, by taking the height property out of the divs that were closer to the bottom of the page I did get some blank space out( about 50% of what was originally there). The problem is that I still have some unwanted space there.
Any other ideas of how could I get rid of this?

link: http://www.crswebstudios.com/test2/

d a v e
09-26-2009, 04:48 PM
what's with all of these

<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

DWcourse
09-26-2009, 10:07 PM
Looks like that layout was just exported from some other program. You've got all sorts of positioning in there that will cause problems if users zoom the text size or if you try to add more content to a div later.

You should really rebuild the layout using CSS floats and margins to position items which will allow the divs to grow without breaking the layout.

santyr10
09-28-2009, 03:19 PM
Thank you guys, problem solved!

edbr
09-29-2009, 01:04 AM
what's with all of these

<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

<br />
<br />