PDA

View Full Version : Protecting images

urbanrays
09-20-2009, 01:24 PM
Hi

If you were wanting to build a site and have a photo gallery, what would your best line of defence be for protecting the images.

I understand watermarking is a great start but, is there a software better for the job, ie can you make a flash gallery and use coding to help protect the images better.

I know there is script out there to disable right click but it isnt very effective, I have also seen script for disabling print screen.

Or is this a case of if you want to show images on the internet then you are not going to do much from preventing their theft.

Thanks again people

Hope all is good with you Toby

DWcourse
09-20-2009, 03:01 PM
Or is this a case of if you want to show images on the internet then you are not going to do much from preventing their theft.

That's the reality of it.

Corrosive
09-22-2009, 11:12 AM
Hope all is good with you Toby

Very well thanks mate. How's the tanning business?

urbanrays
09-23-2009, 07:44 AM
Its all good mate....the tanning shop took off in a big way mate, doing that well we are now going to open an Art Gallery mate.

Corrosive
09-23-2009, 07:59 AM
You don't do things by halves do you! Great news the business is doing well.

urbanrays
09-23-2009, 08:36 AM
No we dont mate, so im now back for more help off you lot, as this site is going to much more indepth....even need to learn databases, which I am not looking forward too

Hows yours going

This is where I am at at the moment with the site, had to pay 40 for the bloody image because I couldnt find anything anywhere

www.signofbeauty.co.uk (http://www.signofbeauty.co.uk),

We aint got a name yet either so thats holding us up a bit

Corrosive
09-23-2009, 11:31 AM
Work is steady here. Not setting the world alight but seem to have a job or two per week coming in. Been working a lot on my site as well. Site looks good, nice layout. PHP and SQL for you then!

edbr
09-25-2009, 12:53 AM
there is a free class around (php) which will watermark images automatically using GD but i dont have a link im afraid, yahoogle or maybe search phpclasses.org which is possibly where i saw it