PDA

View Full Version : Template Images not showing.

johne281
09-18-2009, 05:15 PM
Hi I am creating an ecommerce website and I am nearing the end of the process. Dreamweaver has decided to do everything in its power to keep me from completing this process. Here is one of my issues.

Broken Image Links
For some reason, in a template I created none of the images are showing. It just diplays a broken image button. In dreamweaver design view they are showing but in live view or if i preview them I just get the broken image icon. This is a major problem because a lot of the navigation are images and the product displays are images. Any ideas? In the site management screen the link were set to document relative and i changed them to site root not to long ago but they never updated on the pages that were already created. I thought if i changed all the images to a site root format they would work but no luck. Any ideas

DWcourse
09-18-2009, 07:48 PM
Well, if you have your site set up correctly AND the images were in non-editable portions of the template AND you let Dreamweaver update the pages AND you created new pages based on the template (didn't open the template and save as( then things should have worked.

But from here we can't tell what the problem might because we can't see any of your work. Can you post the site somewhere so we can have a look?

rafoster17
09-20-2009, 06:36 PM
When you get that nasty broken link image it is of course due to your browser not being able to find the image file. Try right-clicking on the broken image, choose properties and look for the path that it displays to make sure it is in your site and not something like c:\dw\images\blah.jpg
If you are uploading your site to an offsite server check to make sure the images are in the correct directory on the server. I am sure you know this, but if you move an image dreamweaver to edit the links, but the new image location must be updated.