PDA

View Full Version : Unable to turn off read only

Briggers
09-17-2009, 01:02 AM
Hi, I have had a site up and running for ages 'www.mlaic.org'. I am trying to update the site but find that the pages appear to be read only. I cannot extend tables, cannot convert tables to layers or vica versa (greyed out) but I can edit existing text.

Right clicking on the site folder gives me the option to turn off read only but nothing happens.

If read only is causing the problem, how do I resolve it? If it isn't do you have any ideas what is?

Thanks guys.

David

edbr
09-17-2009, 01:05 AM
you need to check the chmod of your files to make shure thay are writtable.
if you use a 3rd party software like filezilla this is easy to check the file attributes

DWcourse
09-17-2009, 01:26 AM
If you can edit text and save it. Then it's probably not a permissions issue.

Have you updated Dreamweaver since the last time you edited the site? What version of DW do you have?

Briggers
09-17-2009, 08:43 AM
Hi, thanks for quick reply,

I don't think it's a permissions problem as I can change content and save changes. It's the layout that I can't change.

Version is Dreamweaver MX V 6.0.

I have not updated for ages so I guess it's something I have done inadvertantly :confused:

Briggers
09-17-2009, 08:59 AM
Hi, Issue resolved!

I was in layout view, just needed to change to standard view - I realy must learn how to use Dreamweaver properly.

Thanks for your help.

jayjmcgh
05-06-2010, 11:09 PM
Thanks for posting how you solved your problem...

NOT!

I guess I will continue my search for the solution...

Corrosive
05-07-2010, 06:25 AM
Thanks for posting how you solved your problem...

NOT!

I guess I will continue my search for the solution...

Eh? This is the solution...

I was in layout view, just needed to change to standard view

edbr
05-07-2010, 06:33 AM
it might be a bot i think

Corrosive
05-07-2010, 06:37 AM
Ah, could be.

jayjmcgh
05-07-2010, 12:06 PM
Found my solution. CS5 dreamweaver => right lick on file in file window and select Cloaking | Uncloak All

artskki
08-12-2010, 12:30 PM
hiya i have dreamweaver cs5 - after uploading my website previously made by someone else in dreamwever some of the code is read only - i need to change it any ideas as - the postings above dont seem to work or I dont understand what changing the view means? can any one help pleeese - cheers artskki

davidj
08-12-2010, 01:03 PM
Found my solution. CS5 dreamweaver => right lick on file in file window and select Cloaking | Uncloak All

I had to read this twice

first time it read...

right lick on any window!!:grin: