PDA

View Full Version : website age? does it matter and how to put a start date?

thedon
09-13-2009, 01:13 PM
I have been using Ibusiness promoter to optimize my website to get a google rank.
This tool gives me info of the top 10 websites that relate to mine and they all hav start dates but my website does not. Is there something I need to do?

Also I am having trouble to get to rank 1, it is a pain in the ass:mrgreen:

Corrosive
09-13-2009, 01:29 PM
Even if you put a start date on Google will know when your pages were first crawled and indexed. Can't see the point myself. As for getting to Google Rank 1...good luck :)

coloeagle
09-13-2009, 01:41 PM
There is more involved than can be answered in a single post/discussion.

Yes, age of a website is a factor. Unfortunately building a website is not "Build it and they will come". It can take months and sometimes years for a website to get to the top position. Depends on the competitive nature of the site.

Takes a lot of work and dedication as there is so much that you should/can do to obtain the top position.

Three top things you need to work on.

Quality content;
Make your content something people want to view. Give them the answers they are searching for. Once this is done lead them to your "Call to Action"

Proper keywords/keyword phrases;
Do your research. What keywords or keyword phrases are people using to find sites in your niche? Then use these in your content and if possible use them in/as important parts of your pages.

Quality IBL's.
Get IBL's to your site. Not just the home page but also to inside pages. Make sure they are from related and sites of good quality. Stay away from link farms and bad neighborhood sites.

coloeagle
09-13-2009, 02:07 PM
Thought I would go ahead and add some information for you and others that may be looking for answers related to this.
I have been using Ibusiness promoter to optimize my website to get a google rank.
This tool gives me info of the top 10 websites that relate to mine and they all hav start dates but my website does not. Is there something I need to do?
If your extremely serious and dedicated to getting your site to the top position. You shouldn't stick to any one tool. Get yourself a small arsenal.

Get yourself a cup of coffee and a snack, get comfortable in your chair and review the following.

SEO at your Fingertips (http://forums.site-reference.com/topic/6463/SEO-at-your-fingertips/)
5 Tools for SEO (http://www.huomah.com/Tools/Search/5-Tools-for-SEO-I-Can%E2%80%99t-Live-Without.html)

DWcourse
09-13-2009, 03:23 PM
I can get you a number one ranking (of course it will be for a phrase like "rancid herring pudding").

thedon
09-14-2009, 02:40 AM
Thanks guys.
I will try everything I can to get atleast PR1.

coloeagle
09-14-2009, 02:43 AM
Thanks guys.
I will try everything I can to get atleast PR1.

That's OK, however remember that PR isn't what is important. What you need to work on is the SERP's

DWcourse
09-14-2009, 02:46 AM
I don't mean to brag but:

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=rancid+herring+pudding&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

:roll:

thedon
09-14-2009, 03:11 AM
DWcourse, that is quite good, you got a number 1 ranking for rancid herring pudding. how did you do that?

edbr
09-14-2009, 03:13 AM
That's OK, however remember that PR isn't what is important. What you need to work on is the SERP's
i had a site drop from PR5 to PR4 >PR3 >PR2
really annoying but not the end of the world.

coloeagle
09-14-2009, 03:36 AM
i had a site drop from PR5 to PR4 >PR3 >PR2
really annoying but not the end of the world.
Had the same experience. PR dropped like a lead anchor. But the serp's for my site didn't change.

edbr
09-14-2009, 03:52 AM
the don - how long has your site been online?

thedon
09-14-2009, 06:33 AM
August this year

edbr
09-14-2009, 06:36 AM
you will have to be a bit more patient then im afraid, gogle can take a while you should get some pr in the coming weeks i would expect

thedon
09-14-2009, 09:37 AM
Is it hard to go from 0 to 1?

edbr
09-14-2009, 09:43 AM
no it is fairly easy with a few backlinks

Corrosive
09-14-2009, 11:19 AM
I don't mean to brag but:

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=rancid+herring+pudding&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

:roll:

LMFAO. Nice one DWCourse!

domedia
09-14-2009, 03:25 PM
Is it hard to go from 0 to 1?
I'm with colo on this one. Pagerank is not really what you should be looking for. Actual results in the serps are what matters.

thedon
09-15-2009, 03:29 AM
I would like agood pagerank and good results in SERP's (as I am sure everyone does)
Actually my website was started in July, so I should be able to get a page rank soon yes?
Also as SEO software can't see my start date, is it because my website is too new?

coloeagle
09-15-2009, 04:00 AM
PR will come naturally.

Make your site an authority site by doing the three things I mentioned in my first post. In addition linking out to other related sites will assist in accomplishing this.

Link exchanges with related sites are ok but do your best to keep them to a minimum. You want to have a higher percentage of one way ibl's to your site. Give other sites a reason to link to you.

Original and regularly adding fresh content are important factors as well. The more consistent you add content the more g will crawl your site.