PDA

View Full Version : Problems with pasting Paypal buttons

mondolaya
09-10-2009, 12:07 AM
Hi Guys,

Dreamweaver is doing something unusual when I try to paste Paypal's code for an "Add to Cart" button. I paste the complete code into the Code View. The result is that - although the button looks fine in a Live View - while inside of Dreamweaver all I see is my background. All of the images and content from the page are no longer visible.

I'm assuming there's just some weird viewing issue happening in Dreamweaver since the page actually looks fine online.

Can someone enlighten me on this?

Thanks,
Girish

domedia
09-10-2009, 03:22 AM
Don't use the Design View in DW to preview websites, it's not a browser.
DW's rendering engine is using WebKit. Unless you're looking at the site in a browser thta's using WebKit as it's engine, it's most likely going to be different.

Corrosive
09-10-2009, 07:21 AM
I also believe that paypal buttons reference their button images from an external website URL. You won't have this in design view because it isn't live so you can't download the image to display it. For example...

<input type="image" src="https://www.paypal.com/en_GB/i/btn/btn_donateCC_LG.gif" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online.">

Highlighted in red is the bit of code that calls the image...and it is on paypal's webiste.