PDA

View Full Version : Firefox is different to Safari

cocoonfx
09-09-2009, 09:20 PM
Hello Chaps

I have a website which is using css style sheet. I have noticed that there is a gap between my divs (dvi id=text and div id=bottom.)

www.brac-engineers.co.uk/test.html

Can anyone suggest way this is happening?

Also is it sensible to split my css into a style sheet for text, one for image and layout, one for nav or just group it all into one style sheet???

coloeagle
09-10-2009, 01:08 AM
In the #main;
Try removing the negative top margin and add 5px padding
#main {
height: 90%;
width: 950px;
background-image: url(images/middle.png);
background-repeat: repeat-y;
margin-right: auto;
margin-left: auto;
padding:5px;
}

coloeagle
09-10-2009, 01:11 AM
Also is it sensible to split my css into a style sheet for text, one for image and layout, one for nav or just group it all into one style sheet???

Really depends on the complexity of the css and how it is best for you.

At the very least group your css keeping it in order with your html.

cocoonfx
09-10-2009, 01:14 AM
God that was so stupid of me... thanks coloeagle

edbr
09-10-2009, 01:39 AM
i use seperate css sheete if 1 its has alot of claddes yada yada or i know/suspect the site will be altered a lot in the future just for the reason of order
typically i would have layout for general perhaps text, classes, menu or items specific to a section.
there is no advantage to this other than personal preference i think and too many sheets should be avaoided

coloeagle
09-10-2009, 02:11 AM
God that was so stupid of me... thanks coloeagle
Your welcome.

Don't knock yourself too hard, sometimes we have the tendency to look at something so hard that we overlook the simple things. Especially in this case where it didn't have anything to do with what it was affecting visually.

Wish I could say I have never done this. :mrgreen: