PDA

View Full Version : Roll Over Links not working

abusimbel
09-07-2009, 10:00 PM
Thanks much in advance for any and all help! I am a bit of a newbie to Dreamweaver so this question may be very rudimentary.

I would like my text links to never change color other than for roll over. Under Page Properties I have the Color, Visited and Active Links all set to the same color. Roll Over is set to a different color. When I view the page in my browser the links work fine but stop rolling over after I visit the links. The links are gray, when I roll over initially they chage to red. When I click on them and then go back in the browser they no longer change to red when rolling over. They just stay gray. Anybody know how I can fix this? Thanks much!

DWcourse
09-07-2009, 11:51 PM
could you post a link or at least the links-related portion of your style sheet?

abusimbel
09-08-2009, 07:58 AM
Thanks for your message. All of the other pages I am building are working fine. This one seems to have a problem of some sort. Maybe I'll just start it over from scratch. I only want the links to change color for hover and active. This is what the page is set at:

.style1 {
font-size: xx-large;
color: #999999;
}
.style2 {font-size: large; color: #999999; }
a:link {
color: #999;
text-decoration: none;
}
a:hover {
color: #C00;
}
a:visited {
color: #999;
}
a:active {
color: #C00;

Thanks much

abusimbel
09-08-2009, 09:54 AM
Hello, I just rebuilt the page. works fine now. thanks much for your help though.

Corrosive
09-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Hello, I just rebuilt the page. works fine now. thanks much for your help though.

For future reference your link styles were in the wrong order. It goes; link, visited, hover, active.

That would have fixed it with no need to rebuild the page. It was also do you good to have these in an external stylesheet and linked in to all of the pages so you don't have to change it in every page.