PDA

View Full Version : dreamweaver images not showing up online

heynha
09-07-2009, 06:36 PM
i am writing because i need some Dreamweaver help!!! i am working on a site for my girlfriend and her friends, and everything seems to be going fine and when i go to upload the files, it looks as everything is uploading fine and when i go to check out the site some of the images are not there??? only boxes with "?" inside where the images should be... but the links work fine???

like on this link for vendors under the events link... the four images at the bottom of the page that i used for the "about us" page show up... but none of the others do??? i have tried redoing the page and uploading the NEW site but still images do not show up... the links work but no image...

when i preview the page in dreamweaver everything works fine but not online for real...

when i design the pages i go through the same motions: insert>image>the website folder>images folder>vendor images> and i select the image i want...

so if you could maybe offer some words of wisdom or at least encouragement i would greatly appreciate it!!!

---anthony

Corrosive
09-07-2009, 07:32 PM
Without the gift of second sight we might need a URL to tell you what is wrong ;)

heynha
09-07-2009, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the reply. Here's the name of my site

handmadebrigadeofoc.com

DWcourse
09-08-2009, 12:01 AM
it looks like you've got the wrong permissions set on the server for the publicitylogos directory inside the images directory. That might be the issue with other images as well.

heynha
09-08-2009, 01:49 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. Would I have to go into my hosting account to fix that???

domedia
09-09-2009, 08:11 PM
Or your FTP client.