PDA

View Full Version : Design View

TTMAR
09-03-2009, 11:32 PM
Somehow I have lost the ability to see my pages in design view. I've looked around the menu bar, preferences etc, but nothing. I must be overlooking something. Design and code & design are grayed out

Corrosive
09-04-2009, 06:45 AM
somewhere there is an option for 'standard mode' and 'layout mode'. Whichever you have...you want the other one. Ctrl+F6 might do it but I can't be sure.

DWcourse
09-04-2009, 03:35 PM
are you sure you're looking at an html page?

CSS and javascript, etc. don't have a design view.

TTMAR
09-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Thanks, I'll give that a try.
I'm using MX 2004, and in preferences there are only two sections that can refernce layout as I can see... in General, you can change your workspace...it was already set to Design and in layout mode under preferences, there is nothing to change ie standard mode or layout mode. I obviously have tweeked something, but know not what as of yet. I tried Ctrl+F6... nothing!

I design in php and it worked up til now. I was looking at the preferences area prior to the change and I did change something, but looking back I can't see or remember what it was I changed.

DWcourse
09-04-2009, 06:03 PM
A .php file, if it has an html haeder should show up in Design View as well.

TTMAR
09-04-2009, 06:06 PM
The design and split buttons are grayed out! and I'm working with the same files that allowed me to look at both vews.

DWcourse
09-04-2009, 06:19 PM
The design and split buttons are grayed out! and I'm working with the same files that allowed me to look at both vews.

If you create a new, blank html page and view it are the buttons grayed out? If so, I'd try a restart of Dreamweaver and, if that doesn't work I'd try rebuilding my preferences file: http://cli.gs/40ARq9

TTMAR
09-04-2009, 08:57 PM
Thanks to all. I had to reload the program and that did it. I tried the REGEDIT hint, but that did not fix problem... so the reload was the answer.