PDA

View Full Version : Need help fading to another image

kimcarpenter
09-03-2009, 09:25 PM
Hi, I am obviously not a power-user!

I have an image that links to a page when clicked. I would like this first image to fade and be replaced by a second image that links to a second page when clicked. Then I would like the second image to fade to a third image that links to a third page when clicked. After the third image in the rotation fades, I'd like to loop back to the first image and start the rotation again.

Can I do this entirely in Dreamweaver CS4? (My Flash and Fireworks skills are worse than my Dreamweaver "skills.")

Similarly, in another place, I'd like to have a slide show of images that fade and are replaced by other photos.

I assume this is done in the Behaviors panel. I can get the fade to work, but I can't get a next image with its link to replace the prior image.

Help! (And thanks in advance!)

coloeagle
09-04-2009, 12:15 AM
(My Flash and Fireworks skills are worse than my Dreamweaver "skills.")

Similarly, in another place, I'd like to have a slide show of images that fade and are replaced by other photos.
This is a job for flash :wink:

kimcarpenter
09-04-2009, 01:28 AM
Well, it was time to learn improve my Flash skills anyway. Thanks!

edbr
09-04-2009, 01:52 AM
Well, it was time to learn improve my Flash skills anywa i want this for a bumper sticker :) i would think there is a javascript solution also.

domedia
09-04-2009, 05:06 PM
I think all the JavaScript libraries have plugins like this.
The homepage of this site uses one from jQuery.
http://jquery.malsup.com/cycle/

jay
09-05-2009, 12:43 PM
I have javascript that would do that for you.

email me at jay@jmcc.co.za and ill send you the script