PDA

View Full Version : Zoomify code - SWF object problem

Art
09-02-2009, 07:36 PM
I'm just starting with Dreamweaver/HTML and I'm trying to use Photoshop Zoomify with Dreamweaver (CS4). I get the rather concerning error message when I open the HTML generated by Zoomify:

"This page contains some SWF objects that may not work properly in the most recent versions of Internet Explorer.
Dreamweaver cannot convert them to the new SWF Markups. Please delete each of them and insert again."

I've got all the updates (including the Zoomifier update).
Anyone know if I need to be concerned and figure out how to delete/re-add this (very complex) object, or just ignore this?

Thanks!

PS - the inserted code is
<HTML>
<BODY BGCOLOR=#000000>
<DIV ALIGN="CENTER">
<OBJECT CLASSID="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" CODEBASE="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,0,0" WIDTH="1000" HEIGHT="400" ID="theMovie">
<PARAM NAME="FlashVars" VALUE="zoomifyImagePath=LoganPass_img&zoomifyNavigatorVisible=true">
<PARAM NAME="BGCOLOR" VALUE="#000000">
<PARAM NAME="MENU" VALUE="TRUE">
<PARAM NAME="SRC" VALUE="LoganPass_img/zoomifyViewer.swf">
<EMBED FlashVars="zoomifyImagePath=LoganPass_img&zoomifyNavigatorVisible=true" SRC="LoganPass_img/zoomifyViewer.swf" BGCOLOR="#000000" MENU="TRUE" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" WIDTH="1000" HEIGHT="400" NAME="theMovie"></EMBED>
</OBJECT>
</DIV>
</BODY>
</HTML>

Ricky55
09-02-2009, 07:57 PM
It just the embed code that has been used to embed the SWF files that Dreamweaver is referring to as this is now deprecated code.

Embedding the swf again is very simple. Just select the swf from within Dreamweaver and press delete, then go to insert media swf and select the swf Dreamweaver will then use the modern swfobject code to embed the swf.

Art
09-03-2009, 04:05 AM
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I've still got some problems, but they are with getting pointers to directories into the app. I'll post back when I've got the whole thing figured out. (I'm surprised I can't turn up ANY clues about this using google - I guess zoomify isn't used that heavily.