PDA

View Full Version : JQuery LightBox2 displaying incorrectly

WotNow
08-29-2009, 09:22 AM
Hi everyone, First up I want to say thanks to all of you who have helped me struggle through the learning process.

I have used Lightbox two in this site and it worked perfectly well on one page but on the next page I used it on, the images are displaying to the right and bottom off the frame.
http://www.kimberleywebdesign.com.au/PortSmithCP/facilities.html

I have tried taking out the divs surrounding the images, changing the image size and have a lot less hair on my head today than I did yesterday.

Really appreciate any help on this.

d a v e
08-29-2009, 09:29 AM
try *temporarily* removing the links to your other css files (simply comment them out) and then see if the lightbox works ok. if it does then there's a conflicting style in your other sheets

WotNow
08-29-2009, 09:34 AM
Thanks onto it now!

WotNow
08-29-2009, 09:36 AM
Works perfectly when commented out. Where do I look for conflicts in css? Thanks

Corrosive
08-29-2009, 10:22 AM
Works perfectly when commented out. Where do I look for conflicts in css? Thanks

Styles with the same name as the styles in the lightbox css.

WotNow
08-29-2009, 10:47 AM
No styles with same name, thanks for your help

Corrosive
08-29-2009, 11:17 AM
I would have a guess that something in these styles is causing your issue

#firstGroup img {
margin:0;
padding:1em 0 0 2.7em;
border:none;}

#secondGroup img {
padding:1em 0 0 3em;

#thirdGroup img {
padding: 1em .3em 0 1.7em;

Possibly the padding you have given the images? This will affect the lightbox images as well as they are sat in the same div so will inherit the styles.

WotNow
08-29-2009, 11:58 AM
Hi! Wasnt first group, 2nd group etc was the first image tag in the css . I systematically went through each img tag and commented them out one by one and voila. Neat trick, thanks!

Do you mind me asking how long it has taken you to get so knowledgeable, please dont say 20 years, lol