PDA

View Full Version : Problems displaying correctly in Opera

Finland Blue
08-28-2009, 05:45 AM
My web site is displaying OK in Firefox and IE, but in Opera there are some issues. Could anyone know why these things are happening, and advise how to fix?
www.travel-experience.net/sf.htm
The menu bar under the text graphic at the top, seems to slide 1 or 2 pixels too far right, as does the "Best Incentive Experience" logo down the page on the right.
And the text wraps in the wrong places, seems to put in many more line breaks than it should.

Thanks for any advice.

edbr
08-28-2009, 05:56 AM
im not seeing any difference, i havent updated opera in a whils so its an older version. i also looked with safari looks same.

Finland Blue
08-28-2009, 06:26 AM
Safari, yes it looks same there. But Opera (latest version) has the differences I mentioned.

edbr
08-28-2009, 06:48 AM
the layout is in tables so that could be the problem,

Finland Blue
08-28-2009, 08:04 AM
Why should a table layout cause a problem?

domedia
08-28-2009, 01:26 PM
I don't really develop for Opera, the browser is probably more popular in northern Europe than anywhere else.

I'd try to set the images in your nav to block elements, just to make sure there's no default margin in place.

d a v e
08-28-2009, 03:17 PM
what version of opera are you checking in?
i'm using opera 10 beta and everything looks pretty much the same as it does in firefox (all on windows) including line breaks.

also on your Finnish front page you have "suomalainen incoming matkatoimisto..." where incoming should be something like "määränpää" (for destination) though maybe just 'matkatoimisto' would be enough (no, varmasti sun suomen kieli on parempi kun mun ;)

domedia
08-28-2009, 04:28 PM
Off Topic:
We're getting a Finish subgroup here! About time, the Brit delegation have been dominating for far too long. My mother is from Helsinki so I'll join you guys ;)
Cheerio old chap!

Corrosive
08-28-2009, 05:40 PM
the Brit delegation have been dominating for far too long.

I resent that in a way that only a Brit could :wink:

Finland Blue
08-31-2009, 05:29 AM
i'm using opera 10 beta and everything looks pretty much the same as it does in firefox (all on windows) including line breaks.

also on your Finnish front page you have "suomalainen incoming matkatoimisto..." where incoming should be something like "määränpää" (for destination) though maybe just 'matkatoimisto' would be enough (no, varmasti sun suomen kieli on parempi kun mun ;)

What you say is logical ... but the technical word "incoming" has no direct translation, so in the trade its understood as the English word "incoming".

Matkatoimsto on it own is now enough, as there is a distinction between incoming (organising tours inside Finland, for foreign visitors), and "outgoing" (tours for Finns outside of Finland).

Finland Blue
08-31-2009, 07:09 AM

.. Opera 9.64. I think that is the latest working version.