PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Website!

DouglasB
08-27-2009, 01:27 PM
Hi! Im new here at this site so i donīt know if this is the right categori to post in. But how ever, i have a problem in dreamweaver and that is when I Imports a design that I have made in Photoshop there is strange spaces between all the small pictures.

Maby im not so good explaining so i allso post a picture of the problem!

Http://www.dogge.se/mjoberg.jpg

As you all can see the site doesnīt look right, anyone whit the same problem?

Iīm really greatfull for answers that will help me solve this problem :)

/Douglas

domedia
08-27-2009, 02:01 PM
Are you letting Photoshop write your HTML? If so the issue is right there I'd say.. :-/

Corrosive
08-27-2009, 02:10 PM
'Save as html' in photoshop is not how to build a website

DWcourse
08-27-2009, 04:34 PM
'Save as html' in photoshop is not how to build a website

Maybe we should all just put that line in our signatures.:roll:

Corrosive
08-27-2009, 04:52 PM
Maybe we should all just put that line in our signatures.:roll:

Amen brother. I feel an update of the FAQs coming on...

DouglasB
08-28-2009, 06:35 AM
well thats how i use to do, so why cant some one be a bit serious?

edbr
08-28-2009, 06:52 AM
they are serious, its a bad way to design a site . that was the first coment and is the best advice possible to give.
use web standards, best layouts is in dive. use images as backgrounds or inserted into divs.

Corrosive
08-28-2009, 07:41 AM
they are serious, its a bad way to design a site . that was the first coment and is the best advice possible to give.
use web standards, best layouts is in dive. use images as backgrounds or inserted into divs.

Yes, ditto that. Especially if you are selling your 'services' it IS serious! Learn web standards and div/css based layouts.

domedia
08-28-2009, 01:18 PM
We didn't mean to come across as joking around, by no means!
Unfortunately your problem lies in that you're not creating the website yourself, you're clicking a button and letting PS generate the code for you. Since we cannot go in and change how PS generates HTML/CSS (afaik), the only serious solution is to learn how to build webpages by knowing more about HTML/CSS. The great thing about this solution though is that you'll be a web designer guru after this, never looking back at your old ways ;)