PDA

View Full Version : importing spry menu into php page with its styles intact

jax23
08-25-2009, 03:28 PM
Ive made my spry menu, saved as html and imported/called it into all my pages php pages. It automatically has its external style sheet and java.

So the external stylesheets of the pages I call it into are overriding the sprys text syles.

how do I get the page stylesheets to not affect the spry nav? Can this be done by adding the spry css external code to the head of the html of the spry page? would I need to move the java also?

DWcourse
08-25-2009, 03:54 PM
You might have issues anyway but make sure the call to the Spry menus style sheet appears after the call to the other external stye sheets.

jax23
08-25-2009, 09:15 PM
the call for the spry styles is inside the nav html page, which is called in by the main php page. so they are not in the same place, have tried your advice by calling the spry css from the main page (as above) to no avail. think this may be a dead horse!

really liked your lets get started mini course, its the first time Ive seen a css intro that isnt confusing, really well written and helpful.

what I really need for this site is back to basics: a totally fixed menu & dropdown with no fancy re-sizes anywhere. But I cant find a tutorial for it, and am not able yet to build the whole thing from scatch so am trying to adapt clever ones and ofcourse getting into a right old pickel. any ideas where I could find a tutorial this simple?

thanks for your time really apreciated.