PDA

View Full Version : Little help please

rizzpen
08-24-2009, 12:14 AM
So I have tried to figure this out in a short time period. Without going down too many rabbit holes I figure I would just ask it here.

I am using a d/l template, changed the color scheme a bit. When I make the template into an index.html and transfer it to the site I lose my template.

http://www.alamoinvestigations.com/

Thanks in advance.

edbr
08-24-2009, 01:19 AM
you need to make a page from the template not rename it then any change you make to the template you can update all child pages made from that template

rizzpen
08-24-2009, 01:37 AM
I have taken what I thought was the correct steps in making a template into a page.

modify > templates > apply templates to page

If that is incorrect let me know.

DWcourse
08-24-2009, 01:44 AM
menu: File>Save as Template…

rizzpen
08-24-2009, 02:05 AM
Yes I got the part on how to save a template.

That's not the problem. If you look at the site it shows the template format just not the assets.

DWcourse
08-24-2009, 02:21 AM
All your links begin file:/// which usually means you haven't defined your site correctly and the page is trying to locate assets stored on your local drive rather than the server.

Corrosive
08-24-2009, 06:15 AM
I have taken what I thought was the correct steps in making a template into a page.

modify > templates > apply templates to page

If that is incorrect let me know.

Both approaches will work. Create from a template and apply template to page will both have the same effect.

DWcourse
08-24-2009, 01:14 PM
Corrosive's right. I misread the question. But he's definitely not using the template right. The page has no user defined editable regions.