PDA

View Full Version : lost entire linked page

marcia
08-22-2009, 11:16 PM
In uploading the 'menu' page I lost the entire page (see 'index'), rollovers and all. The only thing I can see in the view source code for the menu button is that the last word in the menu description is a little different than the others. I'm not sure that's the problem, but if it is, how do I change it in the local?

I can see see no differences in the local code.

www.teliorestaurant.com/index.html

Suggestions? (before I redo the entire thing)

DWcourse
08-23-2009, 01:37 AM
if the menu page is menu.html it hasn't been uploaded to the server. Try uploading it again.

marcia
08-23-2009, 04:05 AM
it was menu-page.html the button text said menu

thanks -will work on it again tomorrow or Mon. and recheck

marcia
08-23-2009, 03:19 PM
the old teliorestaurant.com/menu-page/html definitely exists and is ok (except for the color changes) when you type it into the menu line of the browser.

However, I cannot edit the button from inside the local index or menu-page. the menu-page inside the local is now messed up so I don't want to do anything to it. I am afraid to overwrite the old page from the remote into the local.

I really don't know what to do. Help!

marcia
08-23-2009, 03:23 PM
the old teliorestaurant.com/menu-page/html definitely exists and is ok (except for the color changes) when you type it into the menu line of the browser.

However, I cannot edit the button from inside the local index or menu-page. the menu-page.html inside the local is now messed up so I don't want to do anything to it. I am afraid to overwrite the old page from the remote into the local.

(I am reading menu-page3 from the button now. I can't change it.)

coloeagle
08-23-2009, 04:41 PM
However, I cannot edit the button from inside the local index or menu-page. the menu-page.html inside the local is now messed up so I don't want to do anything to it. I am afraid to overwrite the old page from the remote into the local.

If the page on the server is correct then downloading it and overwriting the incorrect page on your local machine shouldn't hurt anything.

You may need to rewrite the page and upload it. :(

DWcourse
08-23-2009, 05:54 PM
the link in your menu.swf file isn't working. Fix that.

marcia
08-23-2009, 06:22 PM
when I try to fix it, the button edit dropdown menu says 'unknown error'. I can't edit, or insert another button, with the correct direction words on it. I'm wondering if my changing from windows to the mac has anything to do with it. Or if I need to change the button within Flash. ?????

ps. I've tried to fix it 100 times, in all sorts of ways and it won't fix. I can't change any of my other buttons either, so I won't overwrite anything.

This is very peculiar. When I originally tried to upload the 'menu-page.html' from the local, the words on the remote remained under the words from the local (which was transparent) instead of the page going into the icon on the left as they usually do. It took an unusually long time to load, also.

It may be time for me to think of some other way to link the pages. (I wish I didn't like the way the flash buttons look)

????????

DWcourse
08-24-2009, 12:09 AM
I think the problem is with the .swf file BUT flash buttons for menus are a bad idea anyway. I'd definitely recommend you change to a CSS-based text menu.

edbr
08-24-2009, 01:23 AM
I'd definitely recommend you change to a CSS-based text menu. __________________
completely agree