PDA

View Full Version : Synchronization Issue

dwseoit
08-20-2009, 11:48 AM
I have a Synchronization Issue with my website I can't figure out. I got the site to my local folder and changed a few pages, and when I went to synchronize and put new pages to remote, DW listed the entire site including all images and every single file. I thought it was strange but did it anyway. Now the same thing occurs even if I only change one page it wants to put the entire site. I looked up troubleshooting and deleted the _notes files and uncheacked the Maintain synchronization box per DW suggestion. It still does the smae thing. I also noticed an entire copy seems to have been made in a www folder, which I did not create. Any ideas would be appreciated.

DWcourse
08-20-2009, 02:32 PM
I also noticed an entire copy seems to have been made in a www folder

That's generally a sign you haven't defined your site correctly. Check to see that the host directory is set correctly in the Remote info section of the Advance tab of the Site Definition.

dwseoit
08-21-2009, 01:56 PM
I've never entered anything into that field before, but perhaps that is it. That is blank at the moment. I'm not sure what should go there. public_html?

DWcourse
08-21-2009, 02:35 PM
It depends upon your server setup. If, when you log in, you site is located in the public_html directory then that what goes in the host directory field.

BTW, where exactly is the www directory located (it might be just an alias to your host directly).

domedia
08-21-2009, 04:08 PM
I've never entered anything into that field before, but perhaps that is it. That is blank at the moment. I'm not sure what should go there. public_html? This is usually a sign that you didn't bother reading the manual ;)