PDA

View Full Version : individual background images issue

jax23
08-19-2009, 04:01 PM
Is there a way to add different background images to spry menus items?

I cant make one background for all as when the cells re-size the joins will be in the wrong place.

if yes how do I go about selecting the cell to create the new style for?

tried adding a style to list item and it comes up in the html as the correct home button but that seems to add it to all of them, and doesnt show anyway.

anyone know of a good tutorial to help me take control?

jax23
08-19-2009, 09:24 PM
I worked it out, created new classes for each cell. I just needed to have a good look at everything and take some trial and error time. CSS is becoming clearer, the penny seems to have dropped!

thankyou all for your help x

timmyyap
08-26-2009, 12:49 PM
I worked it out, created new classes for each cell. I just needed to have a good look at everything and take some trial and error time. CSS is becoming clearer, the penny seems to have dropped!

thankyou all for your help x

can you show in detail how to solved it??pls.??

jax23
08-27-2009, 11:54 AM
ok, Im no expert by any means and someone else may chip in and tell us both whats wrong with how I did, it but it works so.

I created a new class for each list item, using format,css styles,new (I only wanted background images for the root list and not sub ones). I set the background image for each in these styles. Then I attached the individual styles to each individual list item by writing the name of the new style in the code (to make sure I got it in the right place). I placed it after the link code or with a comma after any class already attached to the list item.

my cells were a fixed size so I added the pixel size setting the background image in the styles but if you want a flexible size you would put 'no repeat' and X left and Y top I think.

I hope that helps.