PDA

View Full Version : Help needed when using a PS template in DW

TheOtherRob
08-18-2009, 09:23 PM
Hello,

I have searched high and low and I still have not found the answer to my problem. I have created a website in Photoshop CS4, more or less my home page. And when I open the HTML version in Dreamweaver and start to add my buttons the page starts to split up and create unwanted space and shifts the whole webpage out of proportion. I wanted to know if there is a way to stop this, or if I am generally going about the whole process incorrectly.

Things I have tried:

1. Saved the buttons as PNG's and GIFs, still left a background on my image instead of a transparent background.

2. I have tried adding the buttons in Photoshop, but then I cannot make them rollover images like I need.

3. When I made the site in PS, I did slice all the sections up, and I even tired slicing only the amount needed where the button would go, still did not work.

I am sorry if this is a stupid problem to ask here. Just looking for some advice!

-Rob

DWcourse
08-18-2009, 09:41 PM
Trying to export an html page from Photoshop for editing isn't a good idea due to precisely the problems you are encountering.

To make you page work correctly you're going to need to build you page structure in Dreamwaver.

TheOtherRob
08-18-2009, 10:37 PM
Thank you for the fast response.

Corrosive
08-19-2009, 06:55 AM
I have created a website in Photoshop CS4, more or less my home page.

No, no, no, no, no! You don't create a website in Photoshop! You create a layout or a rough idea of what you want and then create your website in Dreamweaver. We get so many people here asking this. 'Export as HTML' in Photoshop is definitely not the way to build a website.