PDA

View Full Version : vertical text

Jane
08-18-2009, 03:16 PM
Hi, i am amending a page on a website i inherited

it is a table and the column headings are vertical text, i cannot find anywhere in dreamweaver when i change the text orientation like you can in word

I have then noticed that when you click into the cells, the text headings are created as 'gifs'

I have attached an example file. please can someone help me and showing me where i need to go to create similar gifs to the attached

or is there another way of inserting text which is then vertical

Many thanks

Jane

domedia
08-18-2009, 03:39 PM
Dreamweaver (or the Web for that matter) is not a word processor. So you need to think web, not print.

Recreate/modify the images in your graphic editor.

Jane
08-18-2009, 04:34 PM
many thanks for your reply

I didnt create the gifs originally, its a site i have inherited, what do i use to create the gif images and how easy is it.

can i open up one of the existing gifs i have and then just type over the text so i create new ones the same size as existing

Kind Regards
Jane

Corrosive
08-18-2009, 04:36 PM
You'll need some kind of graphics editor. Photoshop, Paintshop Pro...even Paint that ships with windows should do it.

Jane
08-18-2009, 06:06 PM
many thanks
kind regards

jane

d a v e
08-18-2009, 08:26 PM
you might want to rethink that sort of column heading as it makes it difficult to read at the font size and that orientation (i.e. turned through 90 degrees to the vertical