PDA

View Full Version : jpg color will not save to site

marcia
08-17-2009, 09:20 PM
I have changed the background color on this page to match all the other pages. Tho I have redone all the jpg images (ttl 6) to match the backgrounds to the page background (in Photoshop), they refuse to allow themselves to replace the old jpgs and therefore the jpgs do not match the page background. These are all rollovers.

www.teliorestaurant/menu-page.com

What to do?

domedia
08-17-2009, 10:17 PM
Can you correct the URL and possibly rephrase the problem?

DWcourse
08-17-2009, 10:58 PM
I think it's http://www.teliorestaurant.com/menu-page.html

Saving as a jpg for the web will shift the colors (how much depends upon the original colorspace of the image). You could try a png with transparency although that's not well supported by IE6.

But you have a lot of other problems. Especially:
Using flash files for buttons is just a bad idea.
You should resize your image to the size they are being viewed at. To use large images and scale them in the browser as you have is just a waste of bandwidth.
And, of course, using tables for page layout isn't a good idea either.

marcia
08-18-2009, 12:49 AM
Sorry.

www.teliorestaurant.com/menu-page.html

marcia
08-18-2009, 12:57 AM
DW -

You're right on all fronts. I'm trying very hard to use containers and CSS. This site was done last year and I'm trying to update it so at least everything is uniform. I know there are a lot of problems. I didn't even realize that the original jpegs were not sized right. Big mistake. Thanks.

(If I could find the red embarassed smily face, I'd insert it.)

marcia
08-18-2009, 12:54 PM
back to the original problem - i have edited the color on the original images in photoshop, resaved them in psd and then saved (and replaced) for web. Tho, the color says D79B22 in photoshop, when it gets back to DW it reverts to the old color dd9839. It is not just a variation of the color itself (in DW), but a different color (the same as it was originally). I can't find the code to change the color in DW, but the old color # appears in the 'view source code' on the Internet.

Why won't the new replaced image appear in DW? Obviously it does not automatically replace, but when I do a 'save for web', I think it should.

I could probably do a work around, but am trying to understand this problem first.

?????

DWcourse
08-18-2009, 01:06 PM
save for web in Photoshop merely saves the image in a web format (gif, jpg or png). You have to upload the image to your web server from Dreamweaver for it to appear on your website.

marcia
08-22-2009, 12:10 AM
Well, thought I'd give you an update. It's taken me all this time to figure out where my new files are. I just figured it out (not being any DW whiz) and now I'll finish the page. Thanks for your comments. It seems that it would have been easier if I had used Fireworks, but I didn't. I feel more comfortable in PS.

I am now having another problem with illustrator and will put a thread up on that asap. I'm having trouble with the 'halo' or a jagged edge on large type (gif) on a colored background, even tho I follow the directions. I'm actually trying to do a complete page using containers, but will probably have to discard that. However, I'm trying.

marcia
08-22-2009, 10:50 PM
new problem

after I corrected all the color problems I uploaded the page to the remote and now I've lost the entire page. I have read the code many many times and cannot figure it out. Even the local seems to have lost all my rollovers. It's Sat. nite and there is no 'menu' page on this site. Oh dear!

Any suggestions?

marcia
08-23-2009, 01:08 AM
new problem

after I corrected all the color problems I uploaded the page to the remote and now I've lost the entire page. I have read the code many many times and cannot figure it out. Even the local seems to have lost all my rollovers. It's Sat. nite and there is no 'menu' page on this site. Oh dear!

Any suggestions?

the menu page was linked to www.index.com/index.html