PDA

View Full Version : spry menu boxes vary in width?

jax23
08-17-2009, 06:47 PM
Hi Trying my hand at a spry menu but it seems a bit restricting. I would like my link words to be equally spaced rather than the box sizes being equal, is this possible? I want to control individual box sizes.

also trying to change the colour of the background in the rollover dowpdown list state, thought I could change it in here:

ul.MenuBarHorizontal ul a.MenuBarItemSubmenuHover

but nothing happens when I add a background colour. Any advice apreciated on the best way to get full control without using flash, obviously I dont know a great deal of css

many thanks (cs4 dreamweaver)

DWcourse
08-17-2009, 08:59 PM
Hi Trying my hand at a spry menu but it seems a bit restricting. I would like my link words to be equally spaced rather than the box sizes being equal, is this possible? I want to control individual box sizes.

Try setting ul.MenuBarHorizontal li width to auto. (I haven't tested that yet)

also trying to change the colour of the background in the rollover dowpdown list state

You'll need to add a style: ul.MenuBarHorizontal ul a:hover (note the second ul which applies the style to the submenus)

jax23
08-17-2009, 10:15 PM
excellent! both those things worked, thank you very much!

nadia111
06-11-2012, 11:33 PM
Thanks for you last post it helped meas well. Could you please tell me how to make the drop down menu text smaller than the main menu? Thanks so much!

DWcourse
06-11-2012, 11:53 PM
You'll can add a style: ul.MenuBarHorizontal ul a and set the text size for submenus in it. (note the second ul which applies the style only to links in the submenus)